Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lesson 01 - Introduce Yourself

The goal of this assignment is to learn how to introduce yourself to another deaf person.  Deaf people always want to know who you are and how you are connected to the deaf community. 
So to do that, submit a recording of yourself introducing yourself in sign language.  No voicing.  Let your hands do the talking.
Follow this format:
1) Tell me your first name and last name, pausing between the first and last name (so that the first and last name does not look like one long name). 
2)  State whether you are deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing.
3)  Tell me the name of your ASL teacher.
4)  State whether your teacher is deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing.
5)  Tell me where you are learning sign.
Example:
My name  [fingerspell] S-U-E (pause) B-R-O-W-N
I hearing.
My ASL teacher name [fingerspell] B-E-L-I-N-D-A (pause) V-I-C-A-R-S.
She deaf.
I learn sign Sierra College.
That's it!   Very short assignment.  Good practice.